Why Sales Training Alone Fails
- Most sales training has a very short-term effect on performance because it is not consistently applied and reinforced.
- Studies show that after attending a training course, people remember less than 15% of what they learned and they implement even less of the knowledge into actual behavior.
- Most sales training is not customized at all. The same approach and techniques are given to each person. When the fact is, certain techniques will work well for some people, but not for others.
- Sales training does not teach sales people how to manage their time and schedule. They are not taught where to focus their energy and how much time to spend on all the different areas of the sales cycle.
- Sales training does not help people understand what they truly want and realize what behaviours they need to change to reach their goal. They are simply told what they need to do. Anyone selling a service or a product needs to have a clear understanding of what is driving them internally, or they will not succeed.
- Sales training does not address the critical mindset and behavioral changes that are so important to having great success.
If you are seriously considering maximizing your potential and working with a coach, please contact me.